Thursday, January 31, 2008

DataHand Defunct?



Sad news, folks. It looks like DataHand Systems is teetering on the edge, and is no longer selling the futuristic DataHand keyboard. Their rather cyptic message on their webpage says:
DATAHAND SYSTEMS, INC. ANNOUNCES IT IS NO LONGER MARKETING AND SELLING THE DATAHAND ERGONOMIC KEYBOARD

Unfortunately our supplier has advised us they can no longer produce the DataHand Ergonomic Keyboard and until a new manufacturer can be identified and is in production, the company will no longer offer the DataHand Keyboard for sale. The 90 day warranty will be honored for units shipped since October 28, 2007.

There is no mention if there is any hope of finding another manufacturer.


4 comments:

Ted Jardine said...

I'm selling one (Pro) if anyone is interested. Get me at www.ovalsquare.com.

Anonymous said...

Hello:

I am Lynn Anderson of DataHand Systems, Inc. DataHand’s office is still handling repairs/cleaning of the DataHand keyboards. I am also available to help anyone who may have questions while using their DataHand Keyboard. We have been working with the manufacturer on getting a limited amount of DataHand’s produced. If you or anyone else would like to call me at the office: 602-233-6000 or email me at Landerson@datahand.com, I will be happy to give you an update on where we are in regards to receiving more DataHand keyboards available for sale.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lynn Anderson
DataHand Systems, Inc.
landerson@datahand.com
602-233-6000

-michael said...

Hi Lynn!

Thanks for the info.

I'd love to post an update to the blog if you have news...

-Michael

rjsteinert said...

Hi all,
I just recently launched DataHandCommunity.org. You can post/read posts on cleaning, repairing, and ergonomics. You can also post "Requests for Help" where you ask a question about a specific issue. There is also a technician directory where you can hire a technician to clean/repair your keyboard. I'm a DataHand user myself and I hope we can all use DataHandCommunity.org as a tool to keep in touch and help each other out.

Be well,
R.J. Steinert III
Web Development, Design, and Strategy
LevelSky.com